Getting yourself ready for winter is a snap, but readying your home for a long, cold season is another story! Ensuring your home is prepped properly can save you a trip to the emergency room, while protecting your home and property from possible winter damage.
- Inspect pipes to avoid an unfortunate burst in the coldest months.
- Ensure everyone in the family knows how to turn off the water at the source to minimize leaking when and if a pipe bursts.
- Be sure to have the chimney inspected and cleaned by a professional before the first frost.
- Have a professional perform a routine check of the heating systems before cold weather arrives.
- Don’t forget about safety, especially when it comes to walking on icy surfaces.
- Make sure your new or young drivers are informed about vehicle generated carbon monoxide dangers in cold weather.
For additional helpful hints and information, visit the following or other safety sites: