The Cary Fire Protection District is a combination Full Time and Paid on Call “POC” (part-time) Department.
Full Time Firefighter Paramedic testing processes are held as needed. At this time, no testing for Full Time positions is scheduled.
Applications for Paid On Call (POC) Firefighter/Paramedics and (POC) Firefighter/EMTs are accepted on an ongoing basis. Part-time Firefighter/Firefighter -Paramedic positions are part-time, non-commissioned, non-pensioned, at-will employees of the District.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. certificate or equivalent.
- Legal resident of the United States of America.
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Residency – legal documentation of residency including drivers license will be required at time of application
- Reside within the boundaries of the CFPD at the time of application.
- Possess valid Illinois Drivers License
- Be capable of reading, speaking and writing in the English language
- Meet knowledge, health and physical qualifications established by the District
- Pass a background investigation
- Pass a pre-employment medical exam and drug test
- Exhibit good moral character, temperate personal habits and show evidence of an industrious work ethic
For additional information, please contact the headquarters office at 847-639-2121.
Applications can be emailed, or dropped off at Station 1, 400 Cary Algonquin Road, Cary, IL 60013
The Cadet Program is for in-district students, from 16 to 19 years of age, who are interested in the emergency fire or medical career fields.
Cadets are allowed to train with firefighters and ride along as an observer on incident calls. This is an ongoing program throughout the year.
Cadets meet on the first Sunday morning of each month and can attend all department training.
For more information, contact or visit our business office at Station 1:
400 Cary-Algonquin Road
Cary, Illinois 60013
The business office is open Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm.